Professional & Affordable Services
The Counseling Place provides affordable professional counseling services to help people overcome a variety of challenges. Some of those challenges are of the every day nature, such as adjusting to a job change or struggling with test anxiety. Other challenges feel much more daunting, such grieving the death of a loved one, enduring a divorce, or staying on the path of sobriety.
In addition to professional therapy, we also offer mindfulness, relaxation and meditation instruction.
The CP’s fees for services fall on a sliding scale, depending on household income. We don’t file insurance for you, but we can provide you with the paperwork you need to do that on your own. Fees range from $40 to $100 per session. If you are experiencing a financial hardship, please let us know. We want to provide you with the help you need, and usually we’ll be able to make an arrangement that works for you.
Why Would I See a Counselor?
We encourage people to consider professional counseling as an invaluable tool for maintaining emotional health and positive relationships. Just as you might hire a mechanic to fix your car or an accountant to solve some tax problems for you, you can hire a counselor to help you give your emotional intelligence level a boost, identify your strengths, and navigate successfully through some of life’s struggles. Talking to an objective professional, rather than a friend or family member who is emotionally attached to you, can have tremendous benefits. If you’re open to honest dialog, you can have some life-changing “light bulb” moments!
What Types of Life’s Struggles Can a Counselor Help Me Overcome?
- Grieving the Loss of a Loved One
- Relationship changes: marriage, divorce, blending families
- Personal or Work-Related Stress
- Anxiety, Phobias, Depression, Post Traumatic Stress
- Parenting, Co-Parenting
- Being “Stuck” (Figuring out life after kids have grown, what to do in retirement, thinking about a career change, confusion about what to study/what career to pursue)
- Anger Management, Conflict Resolution
- End of Life Issues
- Work Issues (job loss; seeking a promotion; conflict with co-workers, supervisors or subordinates)
- Addiction (outpatient treatment only)
- Adjustment to new culture, new location or other life changes
- Play Therapy or Sand Tray Therapy (for children)
How Do I Get Started?
You must make an appointment for counseling. The best way to do that is to call us. 469-283-0242. (Please do not email us to inquire about counseling.)