Interns and Associates
You finished your master’s degree. You passed the exam. You have hundreds of hours of experience, yet you have thousands to go. Frankly, it’s a bit ridiculous.
The Counseling Place welcomes Interns and Associates, but we want you to know what to expect before you request placement. At this time we do not have any full-time positions available. Most of our Interns and Associates work as contractors.
If you’re interested in completing some or all of your hours at The CP, email your resume to Stacy Hyde, our Intern Team Leader. Stacy@counselingplace.org.
- Attendance of Weekly Peer Support/Case Review Meetings
- Participating on our Crisis Response Team (requires being on-call to provide crisis intervention usually one weekend every other month and/or one night a week)
- Desire to learn
- Strong Work Ethic
- Professional Appearance
- Must love or tolerate dogs. (Therapy dogs)
- $40/Hour if called out to a crisis scene after hours (2 hour minimum pay), plus mileage reimbursement
- Weekly Peer Support Meetings include seasoned therapists and other Interns/Associates. These meetings provide moral support, excellent learning opportunities, a chance to debrief, voice your opinion, give feedback, and strengthen your skills. (And laugh. There will be laughter.)